Problem getting Instruments (/next/2/instruments)

Added by Panos over 4 years ago

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I would like to build a table with all available instruments, so I will be able to choose each time to which of them I am interested in and subscribe to their feed. In order to do so, I am calling the /next/2/instruments API, supply "*" as query parameter and then change the offset for each subsequent call. This seems to work in general, although I have noticed the following:
- Although there are more instruments, the maximum instruments I can get is 67004.
- Many times, some instruments returned already exist in the previous offsets. In other words, I do not get the same results when requesting the same offset. And this cannot be justified with the addition of new instruments which may change the order.

I would appreciate if you could inform whether the above approach is the correct one and if not, what is the correct one.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Panos

Replies (1)

RE: Problem getting Instruments (/next/2/instruments) - Added by Nordnet Aleksandar over 4 years ago

Hi,

The enpoint /next/2/instruments was not intended to be used for fetching all our instruments so you are somewhat in uncharted waters here.

- Instruments are not the same in test and in production, which is why you only find 67004 instruments.
- I am not able to reproduce the pagination error, but if you can do it with a smaller instrument set we can investigate further into this issue and see if it is a bug.

/Aleks

(1-1/1)