Only receiving one tick on the public feed (test)

Added by Johan almost 7 years ago

Login seems to work fine and the heartbeats keeps coming in but subscribing does not work as expected.

Sample:
wrote: {"cmd":"subscribe","args":{"t":"price","i":"100","m":11}}

read: {"cmd":"price","args":{"i":"100","m":11,"t":"price","trade_timestamp":"2013-06-28 13:33:30","tick_timestamp":"2013-06-28 14:54:36","bid":0.0000,"bid_volume":0,"ask":0.0000,"ask_volume":0,"close":73.40,"high":75.00,"last":73.40,"last_volume":100000,"lot_size":1,"low":73.40,"open":73.40,"vwap":73.43,"turnover":726880229.65,"turnover_volume":9900003}}

problem is I only get one tick, tried running it for 300 seconds and the heartbeats kept coming in the whole time but only one price arrived. Is this by design in the test environment or am I doing something wrong.

Replies (4)

RE: Only receiving one tick on the public feed (test) - Added by Nordnet Simon almost 7 years ago

Hi, that is probably correct since you are connected to the test market - there is probably no one using it a friday afternoon.

As soon as the best bid/ask change a new tick will be sent.

Try to enter a bid order that is better than the one you see in the feed message then you should be able to see the change.

RE: Only receiving one tick on the public feed (test) - Added by Johan almost 7 years ago

But getting one response instantly and then wait for further action is the expected behaviour?
I get one tick instantly every time I run it then nothing, have not been subscribing for long times though.

RE: Only receiving one tick on the public feed (test) - Added by Erik almost 7 years ago

You will always get an instantaneous response in public feed (except for "trade"). I do believe that this response is the last thing that happened. After that, you just have to wait until something new happens. Try to run for an hour or maybe even more if it is a slow day at the test market. When you run your application on the real market this will not be a problem.

RE: Only receiving one tick on the public feed (test) - Added by Johan almost 7 years ago

Thanks, I just wanted a sanity check.

(1-4/4)