Private Feed

Added by Kristen over 7 years ago

Hi
When I have placed an order in the market and it has not yet turned in to a trade. And I turn off my computer, will I then receive a private feed when I turn on my computer again later that day or will I only get information about that order, when I see my position in my depot?
I am trying to understand whether I have to be online all of the time while the stockmarket is open, if i dont want to loose any information.
Kind regards

Kristen Bonnen

Replies (3)

RE: Private Feed - Added by Nordnet Simon over 7 years ago

Hi, no - the private feed will only send what is happening right now.

When you restart your application always query orders and trades with https://api.test.nordnet.se/projects/api/wiki/REST_API_documentation#Exchange-orders and https://api.test.nordnet.se/projects/api/wiki/REST_API_documentation#Exchange-trades. That way you will always have the correct state of your orders and trades.

RE: Private Feed - Added by Kristen over 7 years ago

Hi , Thank you for the information - I have overlooked it reading the documentation.
Now I come to wonder why you need the private feed. The REST api can alway tell you the exact status of the the orders and the trades.
The only difference being that I ask in the REST case and you tell in the private feed case. Of course that could mean that I would ask you a lot of times - and you don't want that?

kind regards

Kristen Bonnen

RE: Private Feed - Added by Nordnet Simon over 7 years ago

Hi, the purpose of the API is to enable users to create realtime applications either for display the information on the screen for the end user or apply some automatic algorithm.

To be able to solve that the client must use the feed otherwise it cannot show the correct state of the user orderbook.

The HTTP-request is available only for recovery when the client application has been disconnected.

If the application use the HTTP-request to poll the state all the time in a loop in production it will be closed down until it is fixed.

(1-3/3)